Are you worried about your child’s learning progress? Concerned about delays or difficulties in core subject areas? Stressed because the pandemic has left your learner falling behind or in constant catch-up mode?
Fit Learning’s academic summer camp can get your learner back on track – and more.
As many St. Louis families have discovered, Fit’s uniquely engaging and effective approach helps students achieve mastery in their deficit areas, proactively avoid the summer slide, or simply take their learning to the next level – all while enjoying the experience.
Traditional tutoring works more like a band-aid solution. It carries the student through the material long enough to pass an exam or course and doesn’t address the underlying skill deficits. Whereas, Fit Learning’s method is to start by addressing those gaps to ensure future success as the material gets more challenging. This comprehensive approach, with long-lasting results, makes Fit unlike any other learning experience.
So, how can Fit Learning’s academic summer camp help my learner?
Well, in a nutshell, Fit’s unique method …
- Fosters overall cognitive fitness, which in turn improves learners’ agility, flexibility, focus, and critical thinking.
- Identifies core skill gaps through a comprehensive assessment. Then fills those gaps through to mastery. Summer is a great time to do this!
- Transforms students’ learning abilities by training to achieve fluency or true proficiency.
- Strengthens learners’ foundational knowledge for continued success as they progress to more advanced skills and concepts.
- Uses the latest learning and behavioral science technologies. Improving learners’ visual and auditory processing speed, working memory, executive functioning, and perseverance.
- Makes learning fun through a highly interactive and multi-sensory approach. The use of reward and reinforcement, and fast-paced sessions led by credentialed learning coaches who are skilled at motivating students.
- Meets learners exactly where they are through individualized sessions and personalized goals.
- Effects rapid change, with learners averaging 1-2 grade levels of growth in 40 hours.
- Realizes long-lasting results. Serious results.
Who is a suitable candidate for Fit’s academic summer camp?
Many types of learners benefit from Fit’s instruction, including:
- Learners who are struggling academically in general or with a specific subject area
- Students who aren’t struggling but want to prevent summer slide or skill regression
- Gifted learners who are seeking further challenge or enrichment
- Students who are homeschooled or whose parents are considering homeschooling
- Children with learning disabilities, special education needs, ADHD or ADD, dyslexia, slow processing speed, speech/language delays, or who are on the autism spectrum. In fact, Fit’s assessment data can help inform IEP decisions and goals.
- Pre-K children for overall school readiness, covering language building, early math skills, and more
What else sets Fit Learning apart?
- Fit uniquely uses evidence-based precision teaching and fluency training. Which accelerates learning and achieves lasting results.
- The fast-paced and upbeat approach makes learning fun (yes, really!), which doesn’t just make for enjoyable sessions. It also actually improves the effectiveness of the learning process. Oh, and there’s never any homework!
- It’s customized, with all sessions conducted 1:1 and targeted to specific student needs. Learners can attend anywhere from 4 to 15 hours a week.
- Finally, the program’s results aren’t limited to mastery of a specific skill or skill area. More importantly, they extend to overall academic success. Learners will have heightened confidence and self-esteem. Leading the benefits to last much longer than traditional tutoring, a summer, or even a school year. This truly makes Fit Learning a valuable investment in your child’s future. See what some Fit parents have had to say about their own experiences.
What skill areas does Fit Learning cover?
Fit offers a wide spectrum of programs. This includes expressive writing, logic and comprehension, math, penmanship, and reading, plus spelling and phonetics. At Fit we have a curriculum tailored to young children that prepares them for school through early exposure to many subject areas. Additionally, the Fit Homeschool program ensures that learners who are homeschooled are making the same or even more progress than children in a traditional classroom. Fit monitors this by providing dedicated assessment, support, and tracking.
It’s important to know that Fit’s services are available online as well as in person.
What else do I need to know about Fit Learning summer camp?
Please note that learning sessions are 50-minutes, attending 4 or 5 times per week. In total, summer camp runs for 50-hours, or about 10 or 13 weeks. Double camp enrollment is also an option, where learners attend for two hours daily. We will accommodate 10 days of planned absences in an enrollment.
Any questions? We’d love to talk to you more about it. In fact …