Are your child’s unique learning needs not being met in their current school? Are you considering a move to an expensive private school, hoping to see better results? Worried that a change of school placement will disrupt your child’s friendships? Not ready to spring for St. Louis’s Most Expensive Private School? Looking for a program with proven success for learners diagnosed with a learning disability or dyslexia?
If you are looking to accelerate your child’s academics, know that students attending Fit Learning…
- can continue full-time attendance at their home school
- don’t have to give up participation in their favorite clubs or sports teams
- can continue attending school with their friends and neighbors
- AVERAGE 1-2 GRADE LEVELS OF PROGRESS IN JUST 40 HOURS, OR ABOUT 10 WEEKS
Fit Learning is the only place in the St. Louis area that uses precision teaching, direct instruction, curriculum-based measurement, and behavior science. Instruction is fast-paced and focused on fluency. Through this teaching approach, we will help improve your child’s core academic skills such as reading, writing, and math.
All of Fit’s Programs Use a Multi-Sensory Approach
Our approach has helped learners:
- Greatly improve visual and auditory processing speed
- Improve working memory
- Assist executive functioning
- Boost confidence and perseverance
What to Expect with Fit Learning
The first step is our no-obligation comprehensive skills assessment.
Our approach targets exactly what your child needs.
Fit Learning’s Precision Teaching Method is:
- Evidence-based: We adhere to the principles of learning
- Systematic: Students learn and master basic skills before moving on to more complex skills
- Focused on fluency: Your child will improve their skills until they become effortless
- Individualized: Our instruction is delivered 1:1, never in a small group
- Taught explicitly: Sessions are goal-driven with lots of opportunities to practice the right answer
- Fast-paced: Coaches hold kids’ attention by moving swiftly, there’s no time to be bored
- Rich and frequent feedback: “You got this!” “Go, girl!” Our coaches resemble sports coaches
- Multi-sensory: Learners practice seeing, hearing, doing, moving, and writing
- Fun! Learning coaches provide lots of positive reinforcement by rewarding effort as well as personal bests
Fit Reading Help for Dyslexic Students
“Ideally, the reading instruction provided to the dyslexic child should be evidence-based, systematic, and delivered in a small group setting. Phonemic awareness and phonics should be taught explicitly. Learning should be active, with frequent teacher-child interactions. And the program should include many opportunities to practice reading, to develop fluency, to build vocabulary, to develop comprehension strategies, to write and to listen and talk about stories.”
How is Fit Learning’s approach to reading instruction like Wilson Reading System®️ or Orton-Gillingham?
- nonsense words
- incorporation of spelling strategies
- the blending of words
How is Fit Learning’s approach to reading instruction different from Wilson reading System®️ or Orton-Gillingham?
“I’ve never seen reading learners make progress the way they do at Fit Learning. It adds the science of learning to an Orton-Gillingham foundation to promote accuracy, speed, and self-confidence. It’s the difference between teaching someone to read and developing someone who loves to read—and that transformation happens within a few months. It’s like Wilson on steroids!”
The Fit Reading Approach Gets Results
This graph shows the progress Fit Learners diagnosed with dyslexia make on a standardized reading test. Additionally, it shows them gaining an average of 27 correct words read per minute, in 40-hours.
This graph shows the progress ALL Fit Learners make on a standardized reading test. Additionally, they gained an average of 30 words per minute, in 40-hours.
This graph shows the progress Fit Learners diagnosed with a learning disability make on a standardized reading test. Additionally, they gained an average of 29 correct words per minute, in 40-hours. The data shown represents testing done at all Fit Learning locations in the 4th quarter of 2019.
At Fit Learning, our mission is to transform the learning abilities of every child that walks through our doors. Now, we are doing it! If you think your child would benefit from our services, call Director, Janice Smith. She can assist you in setting up your comprehensive assessment today!
Begin Fit Reading and get reading help for your student in the St. Louis area
Your child doesn’t have to keep falling behind their peers in reading, or experience frustration when asked to read at home. If your child is struggling to keep up with their lessons and homework, help is available in our Fit Reading program. Our certified learning coaches have experience in providing tailored instruction using the latest learning and behavioral science technology. We approach learning to read in a new way that will help your child make real progress. All while feeling great about their reading!
- Contact Fit Learning St. Louis and speak with our Director.
- Schedule an intake assessment for your child.
- Begin Fit Reading and watch your child’s reading abilities and confidence grow!
Other Services Offered at Fit Learning
Fit Reading is not the only service we offer from our St. Louis, MO-based lab. We also provide support for your child through offering Fit Math, Fit Logic, Lil Fits, Fit Penmanship, Fit Writing, Fit Spelling, and Fit Homeschool. We also provide online services as well! Feel free to learn more about us, or visit our blog for more information!