All of Our Programs Use a Multi-Sensory Approach That Greatly Improves Visual and Auditory Processing Speed, Working Memory, Executive Functioning, Confidence, and Perseverance
Your child has trouble following multi-step directions.
Your learner’s self-esteem is suffering because they are behind in the classroom.
You suspect your child is struggling in school due to concerns with understanding and comprehension.
Your child’s work has been called disorganized or sloppy.
Fit Learning’s science-based logic curriculum can help. As our cofounder Dr. Nicholas Berens sums it up, the program “allows learners to read with comprehension, speak with meaning, listen with understanding, and write with expression.” By boosting executive functioning, critical thinking, and comprehension skills, Fit Logic ultimately benefits learners in all subject areas and boosts self-confidence.
How Does Fit Logic Work?
Fit Logic covers both early and advanced content, spanning grades K-12 and learners of all abilities. On this page, we’ll focus on the beginning curriculum, and the next page provides an overview of the advanced level.
At Fit, each learner advances through the logic curriculum (and all Fit programs) at their own pace. They learn from a curriculum that is uniquely tailored for them based on the results from their intake assessment. So, the intake assessment we do with your child will identify exactly where we should begin the intervention.
It doesn’t matter if your learner has been diagnosed with dyslexia or autism, is gifted and talented, is struggling or average; our approach is scientifically proven to meet your child’s needs.
Who Benefits From Logic Help at Fit Learning in St. Louis?
Your student would benefit from Fit Logic if he or she …
- Struggles with homework
- Finds it challenging to recall past events and tell a story
- Doesn’t understand what they read
- Gets easily frustrated when trying to explain themselves
- Is disorganized and has trouble planning for the near future
- Has trouble following multiple-step directions
- Doesn’t feel challenged in the classroom
- Is a good student but you want him or her to be great
Other scenarios where students would benefit from Fit Logic are:
- Your student’s teacher has raised concerns at parent-teacher conferences
- Their grades don’t reflect mastery
- Your child’s grades seem fine, but your gut tells you something is wrong
- They have identified processing speed concerns
Fit Logic Trains Learners to Fluency in Problem-Solving, Comprehension, Critical Thinking, and Study Skills
The Fit Learning logic curriculum is the clearest example of what we mean by cognitive fitness training. Your learner will become a more agile and nimble thinker, better able to describe his or her experiences and environment.
Some of the broad skill areas covered in Fit’s logic curriculum include:
- Following directions: comply with single and multiple step directions
- Naming: do rapid automatic naming of common objects
- Classifying: categorize objects into common and new categories
- Relating: make comparisons using space and materials
- Describing: explain common/concrete features, functions, and events
- Comparing and contrasting: identify similarities and differences; distinguish fact versus opinion
- Sequencing: put objects, experiences, sentences, and concepts in order
- Reading comprehension: retell and answer questions about what is read
- Perspective taking: use pronouns and possessives, both concrete and arbitrary
- Listening comprehension: retell and answer questions about what is heard
- Conversational skills: maintain topic; take turns; elaborate; ask questions
Fit Logic Improves Cognitive Fitness
Fluency is synonymous with being an expert. With the type of training that Fit Learning provides, students become experts in the core skill areas of reading, math, logic, and writing. This allows them to effortlessly complete classroom and homework assignments. When students achieve fluency across the core skills, they experience an actual transformation as a learner. A fluent foundation produces learners who demonstrate cognitive fitness – or the ability to learn and perform as an expert in any academic setting on any type of task. Additionally, they can engage with the material in such a way that they actually begin learning new things. Ultimately, students who are cognitively fit tend to be agile, flexible, focused, perseverant, confident, determined, and able to think critically.
Students who possess high levels of cognitive fitness will go on to impact our world in profound ways. Therefore, we are committed to providing fluency training to improve cognitive fitness so every student who walks through our doors will develop a set of skills and expertise that will help them to do great things and make a difference in the world.
In a nutshell, the critical thinking skills and cognitive fitness gained through Fit Logic helps learners grow in all academic areas, with benefits for years to come. The following graph shows generative reading gains of an average of 26 words per minute on a standardized reading test for kids enrolled in our logic program.
For more on Fit’s unsurpassed results, check out our Results page.
Fit Learning’s Precision Teaching Method is Unique and Unlike Other Tutoring Approaches
- Evidence-based: Our curriculum is backed in science and research.
- Systematic: Students practice basic skills until they master them, then move on to more complex skills.
- Focused on fluency: Your child will work on certain skills until they become effortless.
- Individualized: We provide 1:1 instruction to every child.
- Taught explicitly: Sessions are goal-driven and have lots of opportunities to practice the right answer.
- Fast-paced: Coaches hold kids attention by moving quickly, so there’s no time to be bored.
- Rich in frequent feedback: Our coaches resemble sports coaches and work hard to motivate your child through praise.
- Multi-sensory: Learners practice seeing, hearing, doing, moving, and writing.
- Fun! Learning coaches provide lots of positive reinforcement, and they reward effort and personal bests.
In addition, Fit’s approach trains faster processing speed, making it an ideal match for learners with identified processing speed concerns.
Fit Logic Strengthens Executive Functioning Skills
Many children — but particularly those with ASD, learning disabilities, and ADHD — struggle with one or more executive functioning skills.
Has your child been called disorganized … lazy … sloppy? If those words have been used to describe your child, it may be because they lack executive functioning skills. We use executive functioning skills in almost everything we do. But, the good news is, executive functioning skills can be taught. So, your child doesn’t have to live with these inappropriate and hurtful labels that limit their potential for growth, learning, and opportunity.
Fit Logic trains learners to fluency in problem-solving, advanced comprehension, critical thinking, and study skills. When your child’s skills improve in these areas they will be better organized, able to follow more complex directions, and can more effectively describe their experiences and environments.
Some of the executive functioning skills bolstered by Fit’s logic curriculum include:
- Planning: think ahead and organize and prioritize actions necessary to reach a goal
- Problem-solving: identify a problem and then develop a strategy to solve it
- Working memory: remember specific short-term memories needed to execute a function or daily task
- Attention: focus and recall from short-term memory (attention is closely tied to working memory)
- Reasoning: use verbal reasoning to understand, analyze, and think critically about ideas, and then be able to use the information
- Cognitive flexibility: think on your feet
Begin Fit Logic in Creve Coeur and Improve Your Child’s Cognitive Fitness
You don’t have to live with the worry that your child is struggling in school and continue to watch her self-esteem suffer. Fit Logic can not only help your child become a better critical thinker but will transform your child as a learner. Our Creve Coeur learning lab has credentialed, nurturing, and fun learning coaches who specialize in the latest learning and behavioral science technologies. To start your child on a path of academic success and get logic help in St. Louis, follow these steps:
- Contact Fit Learning St. Louis and speak with our Director regarding the Fit Logic program.
- Schedule a logic intake assessment for your student.
- Begin Fit Logic and watch your child’s critical thinking skills increase and their overall academic confidence grows!
Other Learning Services Offered at Fit Learning in St. Louis
In addition to providing logic help, our St. Louis area learning lab provides a variety of individualized educational instruction opportunities. All of our programs go in depth to help your child learn the core skills they need to be successful. Besides Fit Logic, we offer programs for school-age children including Fit Math, Fit Reading, Fit Penmanship, Fit Writing, and Fit Homeschool. Additionally, we offer the preschool program Lil Fits for our very young preschool-age learners. Our educational coaching staff write articles for our education blog and provide relevant educational information and tips to help parents, educators, and other professionals supporting students.
Please contact our St. Louis precision teaching clinic to learn more about our talented learning coaches and our academic services.