All of our Programs use a Multi-Sensory Approach that Greatly Improves Visual and Auditory Processing Speed, Working Memory, Executive Functioning, Confidence, and Perseverance
You want to prepare your child for success in elementary school.
Your child’s preschool experience makes you worry that they might not have the academic skills to start kindergarten.
You want to provide your child with kindergarten readiness skills so they can thrive in the classroom.
Your Young Child will Benefit from Lil Fits School Readiness Program if…
- They are struggling to sound out short words
- Your child’s preschool teacher raised concerns at parent-teacher conferences
- Their early literacy skills are lacking
- their early math skills could be better
- Your child’s behaviors in the classroom like not being able to pay attention or sit still is causing them to miss learning opportunities.
Our structured Lil’ Fits program trains Pre-K to 1st-grade learners to fluency in listening, understanding, following instructions, language building, reading readiness, and relational math concepts. This means we will teach them academic skills and they will practice these skills until they are able to do them quickly and accurately every time.
Lil’ Fits School Readiness Program is:
- Evidence-based: Our teaching approach is backed by science and rigorous testing.
- Systematic: Students learn and master basic skills before moving on to more complex skills.
- Focused on fluency: Your child will improve their skills until they become effortless.
- Individualized: Our instruction is delivered 1:1, never in a small group.
- Taught explicitly: Sessions are goal-driven with lots of opportunities to practice the right answer.
- Fast-paced: Coaches hold kids’ attention by moving swiftly, there’s no time to be bored
- Rich in frequent feedback: “You got this!” “Rock on!” Our coaches resemble sports coaches and motivate your child to learn.
- Multi-sensory: Learners practice seeing, hearing, doing, moving as they learn new concepts.
- Fun! Learning Coaches provide lots of positive reinforcement and reward effort. And, they encourage your child to beat their personal bests.
Some of the broad skills areas covered in the Lil Fits curriculum include:
- Following directions: single and multiple step directions
- Early reading skills: letter names, sounds, matching upper and lower case letters
- Oral counting
- Early math skills: number identification and patterns
- Quantity discrimination: more or less, larger or smaller
- Listening comprehension: who, what, when, where, why
When students achieve fluency across a broad array of core skill areas for a particular subject, they become great learners. And, a fluent academic foundation produces learners who demonstrate cognitive fitness. This is the ability to learn and perform as an expert in any academic setting on any type of task. Students who are cognitively fit tend to be agile, flexible, focused, perseverant, confident, determined, and able to think critically. Ultimately, it is these students who will be successful in elementary or private schools.
Fluency means your child is an expert. With the type of training that Fit Learning provides, students become experts in the core skill areas of reading, math, thinking, and writing. So, they can effortlessly complete classroom and homework assignments they actually begin teaching themselves new things from their experiences. Our students go on to impact the world in profound ways. Therefore, tt is our commitment that our team of learning coaches offers this type of training such that every student who walks through our doors. We want them to develop the skills and knowledge that will allow them to do great things and make a difference for humankind.
The Fit Learning’s School Readiness Approach Gets Results:
Preschool children enrolled in Lil Fits gained an average of 41 percentile ranks after 40 hours on Tests of Early Literacy (TEL), a standardized test given at Fit Learning
Students enrolled in Lil Fits improved an average of 30 percentile ranks after 40 hours on Tests of Early Numeracy (TEN), a standardized test given at Fit Learning
Young children enrolled in Lil Fits moved an average of 36 percentile ranks when scores on standardized tests of numeracy and literacy were combined.
Begin Lil Fits School Readiness Program in St. Louis, MO:
Our Creve Coeur learning lab has educated, well-trained, nurturing, and fun learning coaches who specialize in the latest learning and behavioral science technology. To start your child on a path of academic success in the St. Louis area, follow these simple steps:
- Contact Fit Learning St. Louis and speak with our Director
- Schedule an intake assessment for your preschooler
- Give your young child the skills they need to be successful learners in elementary school
Other Learning Services Offered at Fit Learning in St. Louis:
We believe every child deserves to feel like a successful learner. And, we believe a good foundation for school success happens early, so we offer the Lil Fits school readiness program. Our St. Louis area precision teaching center also provides a variety of individualized learning opportunities for older students. Our services for school-age children include Fit Homeschool, Fit Math, Fit Reading, Fit Logic, Fit Penmanship. Our coaching staff write articles for our education blog which provide relevant information and tips about education. Ultimately, we want to be a resource for parents, educators, and other professionals supporting students.
If you are ready to give your preschool learner a jump start to elementary school success, we can help! Please contact our St. Louis tutoring center and learn more about our kind learning coaches and our academic services.