Is your learner struggling at school? Does it seem like they’ve fallen through the cracks and perhaps a more personalized approach is needed? Have you considered homeschooling as an option?
If so, know that you’re not in this alone; Fit Learning can help. Fit supports homeschool families through its uniquely effective 1:1 teaching method and a safe, positive (and fun!) environment.
The world of K-12 education is in a tough spot these days. Teachers and principals are stretched thin and must make do with fewer resources. Many districts face staff shortages, crowded classrooms and buses, heavier workloads, and reduced student services … plus, of course, ever-present health and safety concerns. All these factors have made learning more challenging than ever. After the COVID lockdowns, many learners are behind and finding it harder than ever to catch up (as discussed in a recent New York Times article). This in turn leads to students having poor self-esteem, dreading school, and even experiencing social pressures and worries.
Increasingly, parents are pursuing homeschooling for their learners. In fact, as US News points out, the number of students homeschooled rose by as much as 63% in the 2020-2021 school year. For many families, Fit Learning’s Homeschool (or Intensive Alternative Educational Placement) program has played an important role in that shift from traditional schooling to homeschooling. Here’s more on how the program can amplify the benefits of homeschooling to learners while also providing needed support to busy parents.
Fit Homeschool benefits learners.
- Fit’s results are unparalleled. The average Fit learner improves one or two grade levels after 40 hours of instruction. For learners in our homeschool program, the gains are even more dramatic, if you can believe it.
- It’s fun. Fit’s flexible learning sessions are upbeat and fast-paced, and students look forward to coming each day. Our learning coaches are experts in behavioral science and motivation techniques, and each day brings lots of reinforcement, rewards, and encouragement.
- Fit frees up time to just be a kid. Since all the work is done during sessions, Fit learners never have homework, tests to study for, or reports to write. So, evenings and weekends can be spent playing, enjoying sports, and being with family and friends.
- Learning stress is a thing of the past. With Fit’s alternative teaching method, learners no longer feel frustrated because the work is too hard. Rather, the culture of fun and positivity fosters self-confidence and a love of learning.
And, Fit Homeschool supports caregivers.
- It’s a safe and upbeat environment. Every day, Fit learners are lifted up and celebrated for their effort, performance gains, and personal bests. Social and peer pressures don’t exist here.
- Fit’s learning is personalized. Fit’s 1:1, customized approach meets your learner where they are, with a focus on exactly what’s needed to move forward. It’s effective and efficient.
- The benefits are long-term. Even beyond academics, Fit learners experience improved self-esteem, critical thinking, agility, and focus – all of which position them for future success.
- There is flexibility. Some parents opt to enroll learners in all core subjects, while others take a hybrid approach. We’ll work with you to develop a game plan that suits your learner and their needs.
- Fit keeps you in the know. Fit’s ongoing communication and progress monitoring system ensures you always know how your child stacks up to same-age peers. You are never out of the loop.
- You have more quality time with your learner. Your learner’s time is spent focused on what they specifically need … weekends and evenings are free … no more homework battles. Need we say more?
- Accommodations are second nature here. Because we take a personalized approach, our method uniquely works well for all types of learners. Does your learner have a diagnosis? No problem. Fit has the method, support, and experience to help them be successful. Here are specifics on how Fit is well suited for a variety of students.
Getting started with Fit Homeschool is easy.
At Fit Learning St. Louis’s lab, our coaches can take your child’s learning – and their homeschool experience as a whole – to the next level. Here are the steps to take:
- Contact Fit Learning St. Louis and chat with our Lab Director, Janice Smith.
- Make an appointment for an intake assessment.
- Begin tutoring at Fit Learning and watch your child succeed!